Tony Kishawi Zoom meetings
Using Commedia as a springboard week 2
Teaching the Teacher Using Commedia Dell’ Arte as a springboard (& how to make it work in the drama class)
Online Professional Learning
with TONY KISHAWI Commedia dell’Arte aficionado
Tony Kishawi is the number one expert of Commedia dell’Arte in the Southern Hemisphere.
Scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Teaching the Teacher Using Commedia Dell’ Arte as a springboard
Extended Non-verbal Communication Improvisations Ebook
‘Teaching Commedia del’Arte’ Paperback
Join Zoom Meeting here
Meeting ID: 620 732 1574
Please contact via messenger or email for password
Theatre Practitioners Online
Session one 30 min
It’s not a Drama class – it’s a Theatre Company/Ensemble
Using NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION IMPROVISATIONS to create a healthy drama ensemble.
10-15 min What this means and WHY
I will give examples on the idea of Positive Participation and Collaboration creating a level playing field for all and why this strategy may seem difficult at first but it’s the importance of CONSISTENCY that will pay off further down the track in Year 10 and then Stage 6
5 min Recap
1. NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION IMPROVISATIONS ideas come from the physical interacting not from the head/intellect.
2. Learning that everybody has something to offer.
3. Creating something out of nothing.
4. Enjoying accepting others ideas and in return they accepting yours.
10 min Q&A
Readings my booklet EXTENDED NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION IMPROVISATIONS is available on Amazon as paperback and eBook. https://amzn.to/2zqGf07
Video course (coming soon). THEATRE PRACTITIONERS ONLINE
This online workshop explores ways to use Commedia as both a way to support both developing and experienced teachers in a logical and practical way to give them skills to engage and challenge students to take ownership of their own learning.
Methods to be discussed includes:
Setting up the ‘ritual of respectful behaviour’
Understanding students ‘individual learning gifts’
and through these encouraging a creative collaborative working environment that forms the framework for the teaching of all current Drama Education content.
By developing a systemic approach to fostering a new kind of Ensemble – classroom ensemble, teachers will encourage students to recognise and embrace their own strengths and celebrate abilities with their classmates.
These same skills will enable students to gain an appreciation of the ‘ensemble theatre learning environment’, and skills that extend beyond the drama room
Theatre Practitioners Online
1. What is THE “RIGHT COMMEDIA”?Introducing the concept of NEO COMMEDIA 20/5/20 7 pm and 10:30 pm
2. NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION AND IMPROVISATION 27/5/20 7 pm and 10:30 pm
3. HOW SNEAKILY TEACH COMMEDIA DELL’ARTE ALL YEAR ROUND WITHOUT GETTING CAUGHT.(and implementing it into ALL of your drama programs) 3/6/20 7 pm and 10:30 pm
4. It’s not a drama class – it’s a Theatre Company/Ensemble 10/6/20 7 pm and 10:30 pm